We run childrens activities during weekends and school
holidays. These give the children an opportunity to make friends and join in with fun days out subsidised by Somerset Sight.
These activities include things such as:
We also run parent support groups with speakers and topical meetings.
Parent Support Groups 2019
We are starting monthly meetings from 10am-12pm alternating between Tor Leisure in Glastonbury and our Resource Centre in Taunton. These will be valuable sessions to meet other parents and build a support network, as well as hearing from our speakers.
1. 28th Jan – Tor Leisure – Introductory meeting. Learn about Somerset Sight and what we offer and meet the other parents. We will bring some useful gadgets along with us.
2. 25th Feb – Taunton – Heidi Lyon from the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Heidi is a Service Delivery Manager for the Children and Young Peoples team and a Habilitation Specialist.
3. 25th March – Tor Leisure – speaker not confirmed
4. 29th April – Taunton – Andrea Doyle, Rehab Officer from Adult Sensory Loss Team. Coming to explain the transition from Childrens to Adults services.
5. 13th May – Tor Leisure – speaker not confirmed
6. 24th June – Taunton – Nystagmus Network (Still TBC)
For more information or to get involved please get in touch with Holly on 01823 366147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org